Deadline: Friday, December 11 - 5:00 pm CT
ACA is asking members, partners, and past attendees to suggest breakout sessions for the event. This is your opportunity to not only propose topics, but also to recommend speakers and how the topics will be presented. We’re seeking your best education session ideas that are designed for angel investors, with varying levels of investment experiences and in a variety of sectors.
2021 ACA Summit Basics:
- Date and Location: May 4-6, 2021 in Portland, OR*
- Attendees: 700 people, with 80 percent being angel investors mostly from North America, with some from other parts of the world. Other attendees include representatives of partner and sponsor organizations and guests from the startup support ecosystem. The program is not open to entrepreneurs.
- Event Purpose: Gold standard professional development for angel investors and ecosystem builders to further their investing expertise and support of promising entrepreneurs – from deal selection through exit and to learn about trends and new ideas in early-stage investing. The ACA Summit is also an environment to network with smart investors to build relationships for future sharing of ideas and investment knowledge and opportunities.
*Subject to travel restrictions with a decision made on face to face, virtual, or a hybrid event in early 2021.
Registration and Travel Info
ACA members selected to lead sessions are able to register for the ACA Summit at the reduced rate and are responsible for any / all related travel costs. Speakers in selected sessions may also receive the reduced registration rate, with the ability to bring in additional experts with complimentary registration, both at ACA’s discretion.
Please submit your proposal by December 11, 2021 – 5:00 pm Central. You will be notified in early spring 2021 on the status of your submission.
The ACA Summit committee will select sessions submitted from members and combine that with other sessions and keynote speakers. We anticipate a highly selective process with criteria focused on audience alignment, popularity, and speaker references, among others. Our committee will review and choose from among the many excellent submissions we receive. If you should happen to be a presenter in more than one session that is chosen, it is highly likely that you’ll be asked to only participate in one of those sessions in order to maximize the number of speaking opportunities for others.
Make your proposal stand out. The committee will put a preference on current ACA members and partner organizations during the selection process, in addition to quality, innovative ideas, fit with ACA member needs, and session structures that go beyond “panels”. ACA members have spoken and they like to see sessions that have a variety of structures – debates, audience-wide discussions led by a moderator, one speaker lectures, etc. – and which include lots of interaction with the audience.
Session Leader Expectations
If your proposal is accepted, you are expected to meet all posted dates and deadlines. We reserve the right to make adjustments to any session that does not meet deadlines. Upon acceptance, ACA may modify the session title and description to fit our marketing style and format guidelines for the purpose of the brochure, website, and onsite guide. ACA also reserves the right to approve speakers and suggest new experts for selected sessions, recommend learning objectives, and combine multiple submissions. There are two other important concepts to keep in mind:
- Inclusion and Diversity – If the session includes multiple speakers, speakers should represent diversity of thought and opinion, gender, race, geography, and type of ACA member.
- No Promotion Rule – ACA Summit sessions should be educational and provide opportunities for thought leadership. Any content that appears to be promotional of a particular organization or person will not be selected. The Summit planning committee will put a premium on quality control, ensuring the goal of top level educational content is met.
Questions: If you have questions please contact Sarah Dickey via email@example.com.