ACA invites you to attend these events by ACA members / friends in advance of ACA 2021:
Monday, May 3
The second annual Founders of Color Showcase is happening May 3rd in order to provide visibility to incredible companies of founders of color across the country and provide a syndication platform for them to raise capital.
Less than 5% of venture capital in the US goes to companies with female, Black and Latino CEOs – and this event can mobilize our networks to change that. Investors and supporters that share the investment thesis of investing in underrepresented entrepreneurs that are driving social impact are invited to engage. In 2020, the first showcase helped to mobilize millions of dollars of investment, including nearly $1M of investment into five companies through special purpose vehicles (SPVs).
Four ways to engage:
Attend! All investors are invited. and invite investors to join you for the Showcase on May 3rd – the more investors that attend the showcase, the more capital that will flow to these companies. The goal is that funds and angel groups will make large investments, and we will set up SPVs so individuals can invest a minimum of $5,000 in the company (or companies) of their choosing.
Wednesday, April 21
Oregon Health and Science University
Join us to...
CHEER ON top teams from the 2020 inaugural OHSU Invent-a-thon as they return to the virtual stage to pitch their vision for how to make health care better and compete for more than $40,000 in prizes and in-kind support from investors.
GET INSPIRED by keynotes from leading mid-stage founders on how they launched their successful digital health and medtech startups.
CONNECT with fellow entrepreneurs, investors, and other innovation enthusiasts for some genuinely fun networking at our virtual happy hour.
Here is why we are excited about the Post-Hack on April 21:
- The event will feature three inspiring keynotes from leading mid-stage digital health and med-tech founders on how they launched their startups
- o Patti White (CEO), Hemex Health
- o Dom Raban (CEO), Xploro
- o CJ Swamy (CEO) and Rishi Madhock (CMO), Kiddo
- Attendees will have the opportunity to cheer on the top teams from the OHSU Invent-a-thon as they compete for more than $40,000 in prizes and in-kind support
- o We are partnering with investor groups to provide in-kind prizes and follow on support for teams. So far our partners include: AngelMD, Elevate Capital, Angel Capital Association, Portland Seed Fund, Aventurine, Steel Sky Ventures, and TiE Oregon.
- The event will conclude with a virtual reality happy hour where attendees can connect with fellow innovation enthusiasts for some genuinely fun networking
All are welcome and encouraged to join the Post-Hack. Attendance is free, simply register and save the date to your calendar.